January 31, 2022
City of Milwaukee business owners, this one is for you. I am sure you are all aware that a new citywide mask mandate is in place, set to expire on (or possibly before) March 1, 2022. The common council also removed financial penalties for businesses that don’t comply. Sounds good, until you read on and realize that now your business license could be on the line for non-compliance.
If the health department receives, and confirms, three complaints about your business, you could get a warning letter with your license renewal application. Everything I have read says that the Health Department “may” enforce this part of the ordinance, so it’s hard to say with certainty if your business license could be subject to suspension or even non-renewal if you don’t comply.
Since that seems like a big roll of the dice, let’s look at some of the ways you can encourage masking at your business.
- Since that seems like a big roll of the dice, let’s look at some of the ways you can encourage masking at your business.
- If your business takes appointments or reservations, remind your clients when you call to confirm their appointment that masks are mandatory.
- Post clear signage at your entrances.
As always, I am here if you have any questions. I will also keep an eye out for any changes, such as an early end to this mandate. Follow me on Instagram or like my Facebook page where I will post right away if I see anything you need to know.
|IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS: |
1. The information above does not constitute legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult your attorney with specific questions.
2. As this situation is constantly changing, we will make every effort to stay current on this topic, however this information is provided as general guidance and may not apply to your situation, nor should it be relied upon exclusively. Please consult and confirm with your attorney if you have questions about these updates or their applicability.
3. In some jurisdictions this communication/website might constitute legal advertising. The choice to hire an attorney who is right for your business should not be made based solely upon advertisements. If you would like to learn more about our firm, please click here to learn about our firm and how to contact us.
Copyright © *2022* *Law Offices of Lindsey King*, All rights reserved.*