The Wisconsin Dept. of Workforce Development (DWD) Unemployment Insurance Division (UI) has the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) application online now. You can read more about PUA eligibility here. A couple of quick notes:
- You will need to create an account with UI.
- Read everything VERY closely. Don’t apply for the wrong set of benefits!
- Be patient, set aside some time; the site went live at 11am today and has been flooded and already down a few times.
- Check out this list (see 1 and 2)of information you should gather.
We will be providing updates on this topic over the week (among other topics helpful to small businesses during these crazy times). Be sure you check back to the blog, sign up (and share) for our email newsletter and follow me on Instagram to get all the updates.
|Copyright © 2020 *Law Offices of Lindsey King*, All rights reserved.*|
|IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS: |
1. The information above does not constitute legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult your attorney with specific questions.
2. As this situation is constantly changing, we will make every effort to stay current on this topic, however this information is provided as general guidance and may not apply to your situation, nor should it be relied upon exclusively. Please consult and confirm with your attorney if you have questions about these updates or their applicability.
3. In some jurisdictions this communication/website might constitute legal advertising. The choice to hire an attorney who is right for your business should not be made based solely upon advertisements. If you would like to learn more about our firm, please click here to learn about our firm and how to contact us.